Shopping for Insurance
Things change. Now that the Affordable Care Act is the law of the land, things will probably change even more often. Here are a few things you should think about when shopping for health insurance products for yourself, your family or your business:
- What’s more important, protection from a major health issue, or frequent maintenance?
- Do you need to see particular doctors, specialists or hospitals, or are you comfortable seeing anyone in a group practice?
- Are you more comfortable with lower monthly payments but high deductibles, or would you rather pay more monthly to get the lowest annual out-of-pocket cost?
- Is your workplace coverage better than you can get from a personal plan?
For your business.
- Do you need to offer policies from various carriers or just one provider to your staff?
- Are you a member of a larger affinity or professional group that you can insure under?
- How many employees do you have and how many are part-time?
For your family.
- Is your family better off under your work coverage, your spouse’s work plan or should you buy separate individual policies?
- Do you need to keep your existing doctor and network, or are you flexible?
YMR Benefits can help you evaluate these issues and narrow your choices down to a few of the best options for your needs. Call us for more information, or go to our contact page.